Aristocratic residence of the Martini family, between Baroque paintings and ceramic stoves
Aristocratic residence of the Martini family, Palazzo Martini (Martini Palace) was built along simple, elegant lines, right in the heart of the town, yet surrounded by green vineyards and a garden and watched over by an ancient oak tree. Inside can be found Baroque paintings and ceramic stoves. Attached to this elegant building, which dates back to the second half of the 17th century, are the farm buildings, which formed the nucleus of the inhabitants' agricultural activities, and a winery, which is also late seventeenth century.
It was initially the residence of the House of De Vescovi - witnessed by their coat-of-arms with the rampant lions frescoed above the main entrance - then passed to the Counts of Martini following the marriage of Teresa De Vescovi to Carlo Martini of Calliano (1714).
The facade is imposing with stone trimming around the windows and an exquisite fresco depicting the Holy Family dated 1663. Centuries of history unfold in the frescoes, furnishings and decorations inside the palazzo.
The furnishings cover various periods and styles ranging from the 1700s to the beginning of the 1900s. There are valuable paintings by Joachim Anton Mayr, exponent of Trentino Baroque, who was active in the province during the second half of the 18th century. Another talented painter who carried out work in palazzo Martini is Giovan Battista Le Gru, who, at the end of the 1700s, designed the decorations in the Banqueting Hall and the Library. Several portraits of aristocrats and prelates by unknown artists from the 17th and 18th centuries, and a vast collection of prints of the period from 1700 to the beginning of the 1900s complete the works. The prints include a series of portraits of antecedents of the House of Thun and Martini, the work of Count Lattanzio Firmian (1712 – 1786).
Finally, the beautiful 17th and 18th century decorated ceramic stoves are particularly noteworthy.