Lagrein Trentino DOC
This is a wine brimming with personality. It is made from Lagrein grapes, which are widely cultivated in the Campo Rotaliano. The grapes can be used to make two very different wines: rosé (kretzer) and red (dunkel), the former fresher and more immediate, the latter decidedly bolder and more structured.
- Colour: The kretzer is a light cherry red; the dunkel ranges from intense ruby to garnet.
- Aroma: Delicate, with pleasant nuances of fruit, vanilla and violet.
- Taste: Fresh and elegant, the rosé with a slight hint of almond, the red more austere and full-bodied.
- Food matches: The kretzer is especially popular in summer and goes particularly well with salt cod stew, while the dark variety is better with lamb or roasted goat.
- Serving temperature: the rosé 14 - 16 °C, the red 18 °C.
Credits: Palazzo Roccabruna - Provincial Wine Bar