Nosiola Trentino DOC
Nosiola is a white wine, associated with one particular region: Trentino. It is so much a part of Trentino’s winemaking tradition that it is the object of a light-hearted local dispute: “il” Nosiola (in the masculine), a vine particular to the Lavis hills, or “la” Nosiola (in the feminine), the Valle dei Laghi’s greatest pride? Different cultivation methods, different adaptations to the land, different wine-making methods.
The vines (in the masculine) grown on the Colline Avisiane produce the grapes from which both Nosiola and Trentino DOC white wines are made.
- Colour: The wine is straw-yellow in colour with greenish reflections. It’s distinguishing feature is its delicate aromas with traces of white flowers and unripe fruit.
- Aroma: Delicate notes, with vague hints of fruit.
- Taste: Dry, pleasantly fresh, fruity and harmonious with a slightly almond aftertaste.
- Food matches: Excellent as an aperitif, enjoyable with lake fish dishes, such as perch cooked in breadcrumbs and steamed trout, unsmoked preserved meats, and courgette flowers or courgettes cooked in breadcrumbs.
- Serving temperature: 10 - 12 °C.
Credits: Palazzo Roccabruna - Provincial Wine Bar